Outer Heaven Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outer Heaven Unit

A place not of soliders...but for them!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Chat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)

Go down 
+7
H!ddenLynx
Hadoken
Conspiracy_Dawg
BeatoX
Ventus
{WAR HOG}
Shadow
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Shadow

M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Empty
PostSubject: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:32 pm

The M14EBR is considered by many to be a "noob gun" think of it what you may and think what you may of the users yet I am here to clear up a few misinformations regarding the M14EBR and give a few of my own informations.

A quick background on the M14 shall we? The M14 is a gas operated, rotating bolt action rifle first introduced to the field of combat in 1957 at the start of the Vietnam conflict, it is an automatic variant of the famed M1 Garand rifle you may have come across in WWII games and is the basis for such rifles as the M21 and M16 - it uses NATO standard 7.62mm x 52mm Full Metal Jacket rounds and is capable of bursting out 700-750 rounds per minute.

The M14 is first and foremost an assault rifle, in MGO is has been fitted with a telescopic scope, this just means it is an assault rifle with a telescopic scope but has been classed as a sniper rifle in MGO.

What is a sniper rifle? Well it barely qualify as its own type of weapon all a sniper rifle is is a rifle specially used for sniping - all though you can snipe with other types of weapons, enter the sniper sub-machine gun or the sniper pistol - this is because you can snipe with any weapon but the usual choice is a rifle because of the accuracy.

What is a sniper? Well commonly most people believe that a sniper is someone who uses a 'sniper rifle' and sits somewhere hidden and shoots people. Half right, yes the idea of a sniper is to pick enemy's off from a safe distance, mainly cause panic and confusion in the enemy's ranks by eliminating targets and the enemy not being able to see you, that is called camp sniping, there is also mobile sniping where the sniper moves with a group of soldiers or on his own and picks off targets along the way, just being the sharpshooter that a unit needs to counter other snipers and pick off enemy's with precision accuracy.

But it is a common misconception that a sniper must use a 'sniper rifle' and often in online gaming will say that someone who snipes with any other weapon is not really sniping - they are wrong, you can snipe with any weapon but usually a sniper will use a rifle which is specially suited to the task of sniping, a sniper rifle as you call them. All a sniper is is a soldier who takes out enemy's with precision as part of a unit providing covering fire or as whatever else they may need to do.

In MGO the M14 is equipped with a telescopic scope and the following attachments can be connected to it; Flashlight, Silencer, and laser sight. Many people complain that I and others use it like you would use an assault rifle although it is classed as a sniper and complain that it is "unfair" to use it in this way because it is so cheap to buy - only 750DP which makes it a cost effective rifle suitable for both assaulter and sniper to use. This enables multi-tasking of sniping and skirmishing which people say is unfair.

In MGO I would consider my self a skirmisher out there with the guys using AKs, M4s, M17s, G3s, XM8s, P90s, VZs or any other automatic sub-machine gun or assault rifle. But I also camp snipe from time to time.

My message to all the people who moan about the M14 is: Yes the M14 has good stopping power equal to the AK, Yes it is very accurate both in OTS and FPS, Yes it is fully automatic with a 2o round clip, and Yes I will use it because it is a combat and cost effective weapon and if you see me using it to blow your face of in game you should remember that it's here to stay and that MGO is only a video game.

M14EBR - Everything and anything was written by Sifu_Shadow. If you wish to use it on your site all I ask you is that you have the courtesy to ask, I will most likely say yes so it doesn't hurt to have manners Very Happy
Back to top Go down
{WAR HOG}
Solider
Solider
{WAR HOG}

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:41 pm

haha that last bit made me laugh!

although i still hate the m14 its up to people if they use or not!
Back to top Go down
Ventus
Solider
Solider

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:18 am

m14 is the superior weapon in the game.not only in eu also in na and jp players are critizising this weapon because of the power you get for that price.an easy way to solve that misbalance is to put more dp on it.most say it should cost around 3000-4000 which seems to me more logical.also the fact that shotguns suck in the game should be fixed.it should be the best to go in close but it isnt.hope there will be soon an update since so many on every server have found out this.
Back to top Go down
BeatoX
Solider
Solider
BeatoX

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:24 am

reguardless of wat u say technically it has the power of a sniper rifle with the automatic firing of a rifle for me its the accuracy thats unfair but at the end of the day wat u do is up2 u iam jst as likely to knife combo u and alot of ppl think thats cheap ........... do i care Razz
Back to top Go down
Conspiracy_Dawg
Solider
Solider
Conspiracy_Dawg

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 pm

i just use m14 in DP games to earn enough points to buy a RPG >_>

yep folks, that's how cheap i am ^_^
Back to top Go down
Hadoken
Solider
Solider
Hadoken

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:45 pm

To be honest I'd just totally ignore anyone who calls a great tactic "cheap" since it's usually the response you get from a sore loser. Hell, I've often seen people try to get others kicked for 'lagging' when really they're just frustrated with getting killed so many times. I'm not going to lie, the amount of times I've nearly punched my tv in fury as someone picked me off out of nowhere just as I was about to get a sweet headshot is ridiculous, but I never put the blame on 'cheap' tactics or weapons.

I've found that most matches I've played don't seem to have the M14 enabled which is a shame, I really enjoy that weapon.
Back to top Go down
H!ddenLynx
Solider
Solider

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 am

woo go noob gun Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Big G
Solider
Solider
Big G

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:58 am

who gives a shit about the actual history of the weapon Question

ingame its an overpowered, underpriced, sniper rifle-for-noobs.
Back to top Go down
BeatoX
Solider
Solider
BeatoX

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:12 am

oh that was venomous gol. bit of pent up m14 hatered slippin out Very Happy dnt worry its gud to let it out
Back to top Go down
Conspiracy_Dawg
Solider
Solider
Conspiracy_Dawg

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:46 am

Hadoken wrote:
To be honest I'd just totally ignore anyone who calls a great tactic "cheap" since it's usually the response you get from a sore loser. Hell, I've often seen people try to get others kicked for 'lagging' when really they're just frustrated with getting killed so many times. I'm not going to lie, the amount of times I've nearly punched my tv in fury as someone picked me off out of nowhere just as I was about to get a sweet headshot is ridiculous, but I never put the blame on 'cheap' tactics or weapons.

I've found that most matches I've played don't seem to have the M14 enabled which is a shame, I really enjoy that weapon.

you got a good man here afro i don't see many players who are so tolerant Smile

but yeah, i agree, just a couple of days ago i was in a game where a frenchman tried to kick some guy who was pretty much singlehandedly winning the match. Mad frenchy's excuse was camping, which kinda fails as a argument when he's running around getting headshots with the Vz Neutral worst part is, the entire opposing team and some of ours kept spamming the chat with "stop campign red" whilst we ran around searching and they happily sat on the rooftop of U.U sniping us and killing anyone the moment they got up there. Evil or Very Mad

but hadoken, i think you've got a bright future ahead of you in OHU Wink
Back to top Go down
Big G
Solider
Solider
Big G

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 am

i dont care if ppl use the M14, its just the handy way out instead of having to use real skill when sniping o_O. Most m14 users suck anyway, i only ever get shot in the back xD
Back to top Go down
Riccy D
Captain
Captain
Riccy D

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 am

Conspiracy_Dawg wrote:

Sad rpg isnt cheap Sad
Back to top Go down
RPG Tony
Solider
Solider

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:50 am

Big G wrote:
i dont care if ppl use the M14, its just the handy way out instead of having to use real skill when sniping o_O. Most m14 users suck anyway, i only ever get shot in the back xD
I know damn well I don't suck and I use it a lot. It is a very useful weapon. I consider myself an all-around player, so it's not the only weapon I use.

I don't understand why people bitch about it so much (I don't mean you Goliath). I guess it's just the fact that most people don't like the fact that a weapon used mainly for "sniping" is combined with the high power of an automatic rifle. I completely agree with Shadow. If you can't deal with people killing you with it, then leave the game, or try to overcome it and win. But don't just sit there and bitch about the weapon. Again, this is in general for everyone and not directed towards one person.
Back to top Go down
Conspiracy_Dawg
Solider
Solider
Conspiracy_Dawg

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:26 am

Riccy D wrote:
Conspiracy_Dawg wrote:

Sad rpg isnt cheap Sad

it is when i use it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hadoken
Solider
Solider
Hadoken

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Conspiracy_Dawg wrote:
Hadoken wrote:

you got a good man here afro i don't see many players who are so tolerant Smile

but yeah, i agree, just a couple of days ago i was in a game where a frenchman tried to kick some guy who was pretty much singlehandedly winning the match. Mad frenchy's excuse was camping, which kinda fails as a argument when he's running around getting headshots with the Vz Neutral worst part is, the entire opposing team and some of ours kept spamming the chat with "stop campign red" whilst we ran around searching and they happily sat on the rooftop of U.U sniping us and killing anyone the moment they got up there. Evil or Very Mad

but hadoken, i think you've got a bright future ahead of you in OHU Wink

Thanks for that dude =)

I've always found that if you show respect for other people's skills it'll just make the game a lot more fun. I dish out my fair share of ownings, but when the ridiculously-skilled players kill me over and over, besides cursing, I'll concede that they are good and it just makes it a lot more light hearted. My friends and I have an on-running joke when we play Smash Bros that whenever someone's winning they put cheats on. We'll also joke that when we got out we'll turn on God Mode.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty new to online play, so I had my cousin (he spends his life on CS-source haha) explain to me about camping and why it pisses people off so much. To be honest I still don't get the big deal. I come from a fighting game background, and people use every tactic they can find to win. The only time a tactic is considered cheap is when the game is broken, so people don't play it competitively. Otherwise, anything is and SHOULD be fair game.

Big G
Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:49 pm wrote:

Hey dude, you're a skilled player and I've seen that first hand, so I do take on board the fact that for sure the drebin price may be out of whack when you consider how powerful the weapon is, but there's no need to start calling people noobs yadda. I respect you as a fellow OHU member and a skilled one at that, so fuck that shit =)
Back to top Go down
Conspiracy_Dawg
Solider
Solider
Conspiracy_Dawg

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:16 am

to be totally honest, i find the Shotguns more annoying. tongue

can't counter those, but i don't tell Rem and cloud to stop using them, i just headshot them first or die Wink

in the end, it's the luck of the draw on who wins Cool
Back to top Go down
BeatoX
Solider
Solider
BeatoX

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:10 pm

hadouken iv got a cheap tactic for u that applys accross the board for fighting games wat about continually sweepin a downed player when they get back up i luv it lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hadoken
Solider
Solider
Hadoken

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:42 pm

BeatoX wrote:
hadouken iv got a cheap tactic for u that applys accross the board for fighting games wat about continually sweepin a downed player when they get back up i luv it lol Twisted Evil

I see what you're saying, using the same move over and over can be considered a 'cheap' tactic but there is always a way to over come it (as long as the game isn't broken). Now I don't want to stray off topic too far, but I will say that many fighting games have a system implemented to stop someone using the same move over and over successfully, otherwise they'd be no fun. They do this by implementing counters etc. Lets take the sweep move, since you've already referenced it. If you get someone in a corner and sweep them continually, that is considered cheap and irritating because it requires no skill. However, does that mean that if you 'sweep' a player at ANY point in the game it should be considered cheap? No not at all as there are many situations where the best possible move to use is a sweep. The same should apply for a weapon.

Personally, I've been getting really comfortable with the M4 custom, as I've found that because my sniper skill is completely undeveloped (lvl 1) the M14 is no way near as good up close and the recoil is to great to be able to snipe with the pin point accuracy I want. As most games disable the M14, I'm really not that interested in levelling up my sniper skill since I love getting into the thick of the action and having the option to pick off a target from far away, rather than solely pin point enemies at a distance.
Back to top Go down
not a threat
Solider
Solider

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:57 pm

If I want long range weapon that was accurate I'd just put a scope on an M4 I mean after all I have 3 assault and only 1 sniper. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)   M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M14EBR - Everything and anything (Haters read)
Page 1 of 1